Last updated: June 29, 2023
McGillivray Entertainment Inc. is committed to respecting your right to privacy and protecting your personal information.
Collection of personal information
While using our services and engaging with us, you may be asked to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you.
For CGT and certain other productions, this information is collected by us on your application form and, if you are selected as a participant, through various other agreements and forms that are necessary for the production of certain productions.
Usage data may be collected automatically when using our website.
We may use your personal information to:
- Provide you with our services, including our website.
- Manage your registration as a user of our website. The personal information you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the website that are available to you as a registered user.
- Develop, produce and administer our productions.
- Administer contests, promotions and special events.
- Provide customer and fan support.
- Personalize your experiences and offer content recommendations, news, special offers and general information about our services and events we offer.
- Meet legal requirements.
- For other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our website, products, services, marketing and your experience.
In addition, if you apply to be a participant on any of our productions, we collect your personal information to assess and evaluate your application, to contact you if we feel you would be a good fit for the show, to manage the production and your involvement in it, and to more generally create, produce, broadcast and exploit our productions.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- We may share your personal information with our service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our website service.
- We may share or transfer your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- When you share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users on our website, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
Please note that the website contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those sites.
Security and retention of your personal information
We will retain your personal information only as long as it is required for the reasons it was collected and in accordance with our legal obligations. We use all reasonable commercial efforts, including implementing security measures on our website and in our offices, to protect your personal information from loss, unauthorized use, access, alteration or disclosure of personal information under our control.
Withdrawal of consent
You have the right to access all personal information that we have collected from you that is retained by us. You may update, modify or delete this information at any time by contacting us at: https://www.meminc.ca/contact/. There is no fee for you to access your personal information.
If you withdraw consent, you agree that notwithstanding such withdrawal, we may continue to use any personal information previously provided to us for the purpose of any tax reporting or obligations we may have, and to the extent required to enforce any contractual obligations that you may still have to us.
We treat children’s personal information in accordance with all applicable laws.
For users of our website, we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from anyone under the age of 13 without parental or legal guardian consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.